Modern Babes




One of my last projects was a nursery. The owner already knew what she wanted, so it was just a matter of finding the items and achieving her vision. It started me thinking about the modern baby room. I work with many young couples who do not have the discretionary income or desire for a room like this...





Where do you go from there?
Here?....





Then there is the "we have so much money that we can afford lifetime therapy for our moon shocked child."





You don't have to spend a fortune on a nursery.





The key elements may already be in your home, ready for re-purposing.





























Or , you can invest in pieces with the future in mind.














You can make a big statement in a small or unusual space with a few handmade pom-poms or a couple of family treasures.








I like a gender neutral space.








It "ages up" better, and allows you the option of pulling more furniture and decor from other parts of your home, saving you money for more important baby items down the road...











...k...

Comments

  1. Your nursery designs are darling!! Yet not too cutsie which I like.

    The braces are a kick!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    I hope you will come over and enter my amazing giveaway from Interieurs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the thing about kid's rooms, I can never decide if they should include real, grown-up design, or if they should be a way to go young and fun (and in my case, girlie) since they're the only spot in the house to do it. I guess it would be wise to say both. That's a hard thing to pull off though, and most of these do it pretty well.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts