more shade...



I've been obsessed with finding the perfect, affordable lampshade for the last several weeks. 
I wanted something that is just "a bit more" than the normal shades you see around town. I've determined, after much research, that you have to go across the pond to find it. Now of course you can have a custom shade made using any fabric you want. I wanted something pre-made and affordable. In my last post I mentioned several top notch purveyors. Here is one more...
















They have quite the selection of shades and other furnishings, however, I decided to purchase mine from OKA...




It's a lovely dark black/brown with cream, pale green and orange/yellow highlights on raw silk.




If you decide to bring one over, be aware that they set up their lamps differently than we do.




I had to take the lamp base in to the local lamp store. It had a traditional harp and finial setup.
$15 later I had something that would support my new shade.



Excuse the phone pics. The new shade gives off the softest glow in the evening that I couldn't seem to capture. 


Next up?...I'm throwing shade at the little guy in white.
I'm thinking something like this from Pentreath and Hall...




I'll keep you posted...

-k-



Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts